Sunday, October 18, 2015

Clearing Out the Cobwebs

Since Kids Clothes Week starts tomorrow, I thought I should maybe dust off the old blog here in case I feel ambitions beyond just the sewing (one hour per day all week, as are the KCW guidelines) this coming week.

Oh - also - I did have the baby.  She will be four months old next Tuesday, so if I hadn't things would be looking mighty scary over here.  Little Lila Elizabeth was born on June 20, our biggest baby yet at 6 pounds even.



I did a little sewing for her before she was born, but since baby proportions are so strange and I couldn't do any fittings, I didn't want to spend a lot of time on a bunch of stuff she might never wear (ahem).   Two of the things I did make her were a romper and bonnet, both from free patterns and made with vintage fabrics (The yellow gingham is from curtains that my mom made for my nursery when I was a baby!  The floral was left over from the pillow case I used for this top.).


These pictures are obviously not current - it's cold now!  But here she is, in all her summer baby glory.



Cobwebs cleared.  Hope to see you again soon.  I'm SO EXCITED to get back to my machines and hope to be back to a little sharing here, too.  And if I don't get it all posted here, check in on Instagram - aka the lazy girl's blog.  This lazy girl, anyway.  ha!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new little Lila! I have a Lila(h) too - glad to be in good company! Love the little sunsuit you made for her- gingham looks so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete