Thursday, February 5, 2015

KCW - Upcycled Kitty Cat Sweater

Maybe it's nesting, maybe it's just time to clean house, maybe it's the tag sale my mom has roped me into hosting this spring - whatever the reason, I've been on a purging spree.  One beneficiary/victim was Lisi Loo's dresser.  I finally cleaned out all her out of season and too-small clothes and she went from an overflowing to practically bare shirt drawer.  Kids Clothes Week was perfectly timed for me this season.  She got a Lucy Tunic, a floral sweatshirt, and now a "comfy-cosey" (as she would say) and super-cute (as I would) new sweater.


It's my favorite semi-self-drafted long sleeve swing tee pattern.  Previous versions here, here, here, and here.

The main black part was a sweater dress, and the gray at the neck, wrists, and hem is from an old pair of knit shorts.


Embroidery is not a skill I've had much practice in, so don't look too closely, but it's at least recognizable enough that this little lady knows it's a kitty cat.


"Meow!"


Linking up to KCW here.

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable!! Awesome job and I think the embroidery is super cute!

    ReplyDelete