Saturday, October 25, 2014

KCW - One more Sweatshirt

Look at me - eeking out one more KCW garment!  I was just so happy with how the last sweatshirt turned out, I wanted to try another version.  This one turned out a little differently because the fabric I used has more drape to it - it's my second favorite of the two, but still something I predict will get a lot of wear:

The fabric is the same reversible fabric I used for this Aster cardigan.  I really wanted to use the striped side this time to mix it up but I just love dots too much.  Can't say no to a good dot even if maybe I should.

The striped side did make an appearance in the semi-circle cut-out pockets.  If there's a more official name for them, I don't know it, but I'm pretty sure you understand what I'm describing.

It's actually a kangaroo pocket - it goes all the way across the front - intended for hands meeting in the middle, but we're still working on mastering that one.

I like the stiffer sweatshirt fabric better for this top, since it really shows off the shape, and will probably make another one when I get my hands on some appropriate fabric.  I'm really liking the idea of sweatshirt knit main with a woven pocket fabric.  We'll see, won't we?

Linking up to KCW here.

1 comment: