Friday, May 9, 2014

Spring Sunki

Once I made my first Sunki I couldn't wait for inspiration to strike for my second (because my fabric speaks to me - doesn't yours?).  But then I forgot about it...until a couple weeks ago when I pulled that first Sunki out of the closet and discovered it still fits!  I little shorter in the sleeve and length, but add leggings and boots and she was looking totally cute in her perfect-for-almost-spring-weather outfit.  But what about when Spring really does decide to show up?  It was time to have a chat with my fabric - and she was ready to gossip.  A blue piece from this bin had a crush on a green piece from that bin and a lavender zipper was ready to stretch her matchmaking muscles.  (Am I taking this too far?  I just finished a large cup of coffee...so if I am, blame the caffeine...).

Anyway - here's our happy result:

The blue is a chambray with minty green dots printed on it that I picked up at Joann a couple of months ago (That's right - I bought NEW fabric - from a STORE!  ha!  It's by Lisette but I couldn't find it listed online.).  The green was part of a stash my aunt passed on to me a while back.

I used the same size as last time but with short sleeves and intentionally kept the length on the shorter side to be worn with leggings through the spring.

I following the sleeve directions more closely this time.  I did still wing-it with the pleating, but matched it closer to the directions than last time and I do like the results.  The one change I'll make next time will be with zipper insertion - I think an exposed zipper would have been nice here to really show off the contrasting color.

The leggings she's wearing are the ones I made here - but I took them in some more...again.

Stretch, we'll call her.  All legs and curls this one.

3 comments:

  1. SO adorable! Too many patterns and not enough time. UGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this so much! the shorter length looks super cute on her as a tunic - hope this gets much wear this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, I love this! Always wanted to get that pattern. I'm sitting here eating lunch and browsing all the wonderful things you make- all so great! She is just a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete