Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013. It was...a year.

'Cause everybody's doing it...

Perusing the gallery I'm quite proud of my year, creatively speaking!  I pulled a few of my favorites (links to posts below photo).

first row: one - two - three - four
second row: one - two - three - four
third row: one - two - three - four
fourth row: one - two - three - four

It's interesting to compare the list of things I really love and am most proud of to the list of things that got (or are getting) the most wear.  Taking notes for the future.  Speaking of notes (and some random photos)...

2013 showed me a few things.

1. I'm kind of into blogging...some of the time.  Wishy washy all the way.  Commitment issues, I guess.  Still trying to work out how I feel about that.  I spent a lot of time over the last year thinking I had to either seriously commit or just quit.  I realize now that was silly.

(post here)




2.  I'm totally into sewing...all of the time.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  But...

(post here)
3.  ...sometimes I have trouble shutting it down when it needs to be shut down.  Sewing like I like to sew takes time and space, and making that time and space without having to sacrifice too much else is a balance I'm still trying to find.

(post here)

4.  I love photographing toddlers in their natural habitat.  I hate photographing toddlers as models.  But I also have a particular (and picky) vision for what I want modeled shots vs. real-life shots to look at.  Does a solution exist?

(photo post here - sweater post here)
Well, it looks like 2013's big legacy is that it's packing up all the ponderings and forwarding them on to 2014. But then, does the pondering ever really end?  I'll tell you what does end...the rambling...right now.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment