Tuesday, July 16, 2013

KCW - Summer 2013 - Day 2

I'm calling this a "pinafore" top - but only because I can't think of a better term.  I don't think this technically qualifies as a pinafore...



The fabric is a "vintage" gingham...from the curtains that hung in my nursery as a newborn!



I made the bias tape from some fabric that I picked up at an estate sale a couple of years ago.  It's pretty thin/sheer and not the easiest to work with, but I love the combo.  Pattern mixing is a weak point of mine so this was outside my comfort zone a bit - I'm so glad I went for it.

The buttons are also vintage - inherited from one of my grandmothers or great-grandmothers or possibly my husband's grandmother.  Old and collected.  That's my button stash.


I can't say 21 months is my favorite modeling age, but we're working on it.  Or I'm working on it.
 

The back is obviously the main attraction, though, anyway.  


Jeans blogged here.  I love how she's grown into them!  Definitely making more this fall - with a little higher rise in the back, of course.  Crack is whack.  I actually made her a pair of shorts to go with this top - they matched the teal in the trim - but they looked HORRIBLE on her/with it.  I'm okay with that - two big wins and one little loss - no big deal.


7 comments:

  1. I just found you via the KCW website and just wanted to say I love your projects!! Beautiful photography and interesting details. Keep up the awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^ Same.

    Found you through KCW and can't believe I've never been here before! Love everything I've seen so far; new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!
    I will have to try and sew a pinafore like this for my daughters!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta! Your 3D pleated dress is on my to-do list - one of my favorites of the summer.

      Delete