Friday, May 10, 2013

Bubble Skirt

For this skirt I used Strait Grain's free (!) bubble skirt pattern & tutorial.

 
 
I also made a diaper cover to match the lining.  I'm still working on perfecting my pattern.  They tend to be a bit baggy - and I like my diaper cover to fit more like a, well, diaper.  I also had a slip of the shears while cutting so Lisi Lou has some secret love on her bum.

 
I probably should have made the skirt a little bit longer - but if you can't show off your tushy when you're a toddler, when can you?  (Don't answer that, please.)
 


It's a great skirt for sandbox playing...

 
And Mommy hand holding...

 
And unrelated, but of note - check out these post-swim-lesson curls!  Dreamy.

 
She'll probably end up growing out of them like her brother did, but for now - we're girls with curls.  It's our thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment