Friday, April 19, 2013

Backfired. And What I've Been Up To.

So...this whole plan backfired a little.  The concept: two creative projects a week for a year to force myself to make time for myself.  I still think it's a great idea, theoretically.  The problem: I found that making the additional time to photograph and publish the projects was creating MORE stress - which is opposite the goal when I started the project. 

So I stopped.  Photographing and publishing, that is.  As well as stressing.

I did NOT, however, stop creating. 


And I'm excited to put out there some of what I've been working on - at a pace that motivates me, as opposed to stifling me.


I've been sewing a lot - and am feeling pretty proud of and pleased with some of the things I've been doing.  Let's just say, Baby Girl is going to have a lovely wardrobe should this weather ever actually warm up!


I've also been working on getting a better system down for actually photographing what I've made.  Winters in New England don't exactly provide the best natural daylight.  But I think I've made some progress.



 

There are a couple of gifts in this pile.  It's the first time I'm giving clothing that I've made away for someone else's children to wear. 

 
 
 
I'm a little nervous - but also really excited. I'm feeling more confident in my abilities and creations - that's the exciting part, I guess.
 


This is just a small four-piece representation of what I've been accomplishing the last two months.  There's more to show, and more being made.  Feeling super-inspired lately.



KCW starts next week.  I'm not officially participating this season but am thinking about making a plan of attack for the week, as sort of a dry run.  Depending on how it goes, maybe next season I'll be ready to join up for real.  Wishing myself luck!  And happy (stress-free) sewing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment