Thursday, January 31, 2013

Double the Love Sweatshirt (Week 5, Project 2)

Another shirt donated by E's Nana (my grandmother) has become a top for a certain little girl.  I think pale pink is her color...

 
 

My own pattern, again.  It's a simple A-line shape, with some gathering at the shoulders and buttons down the back.  I love me some buttons down the back, and my buttonhole making is slowly improving.  I've been figuring out some tricks to make my finicky machine work with me instead of against me.
 
 
I added some heart shaped pockets to the front for a little interest.  She's too little for pockets still, but I felt like they added just the right amount of interest without getting too fussy or too sweet.
 
 
She says, "Yeah for hearts!" 

 
 
Okay, okay...so it's probably more like a very loud "Aaaaahhhhhggggghhhhh!" but motherhood provides me with the privilege to interpret as I wish.  And I interpret as, "I love hearts! (and my mommy!)".  So there.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment